BEAN SOUP IN TOMATO SAUCE (FASOLADA) recipe
- 1 small bag white haricot beans
- 2 large onions
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 bunch celery (finely chopped)
- 2 mature tomatoes
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Rinse and soak the beans from the previous night.
- Drain them and place them in a large pot with 2 litres of water.
- Βoil for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the beans with a colander and return them to the pot.
- Fill the pot with enough water to cover the beans.
- When the beans are tender add the onions, carrots and celery.
- When half-cooked, mix in the tomatoes, oil, parsley, season with salt and pepper and continue to boil.
- Finally, add ½ teaspoon of flour to the juice from the 2 lemons and pour it to the soup.
- Let it for 5 minutes and serve hot.
GREEK SALAD recipe
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 100gr feta cheese
- 1 spoon balsamic vinegar
- Kalamata olives
- olive oil
- Wash the vegetables and let them strain.
- Cut the tomato into wedges.
- Put them in a large bowl.
- Slice the cucumber, pepper and the onion and put them also in the bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, some vinegar and Kalamata olives.
- Pop the block of feta on the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the top along.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
SALTED PORK WITH EGGS (KAGIANAS) recipe
- Salted pork
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- Wash, peel and chop the tomates.
- Put tomatoes in a frying pan with olive oil, salt, pepper and boil.
- Mix everything with the salted pork.
- Whip the eggs and put them in the frying pan.
- Turn them over with a wooden spatula.
- Add the eggs, a little more salt and pepper and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and keep stirring.
- Don?t overcook.
- Serve on plates.
- Sprinkle with oregano leaves and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Grind some extra pepper on top.
STUFFED VEGETABLES (GEMISTA) recipe
- Tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- finely chopped tomato for the stuffing
- 150g rice (Karolina or long grain)
- a pinch of sugar
- Slice off the top of the vegetables.
- Scoop out pulp with a teaspoon.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Add the pulp to the pan and simmer for almost 10 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 10 minutes, until the rice is only half-cooked.
- Add salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan.
- Put the hollowed out vegetables into an oiled baking dish and fill with the rice mixture.
- Replace the tops.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the veggies are tender and the rice is cooked through.
- Garnish with basil or parsley.
- Serve with feta cheese and bread.